Habitat for Humanity Receives MIWD Casement Windows
MI Windows and Doors® (MIWD), a national window and door manufacturer of Dauphin county joined members of the Habitat for Humanity team yesterday to mark the donation of MIWD’s highly energy efficient windows from their new casement product line to Habitat for Humanity of the Greater Harrisburg Area.
HomeRite® Windows and Doors of Central PA, a provider and licensed installer of windows and patio doors donated their time to install the windows to professional standards and to local code requirements.
Nick Cecco, Owner of HomeRite Windows and Doors of Central PA said:” Quality windows are step one but having them professionally installed to ensure proper insulation and operation completes the package. We are glad we can do that for this home and the future homeowners.”
MIWD’s new casement line, released in January, is a top performer for energy efficiency, exceeding ENERGY STAR’s® standards by over 15 percent and will be Energy Star® compliant until at least 2013.
“MIWD has much respect for Habitat for Humanity and the great work that they do for our communities. We are also proud of the energy standards and design aesthetics that our window has accomplished. We are glad that these windows will go to a deserving family and will help maintain their energy bills,” said Stan Sullivan, Eastern President of MI Windows and Doors.
“We are grateful to the good folks at MI Windows and Doors and HomeRite Windows and Doors for their partnership that will help a local family have a simple, decent place to call home,” said Eve Wachhaus, Executive Director Habitat for Humanity of the Greater Harrisburg Area “MI Windows and Doors has been a generous member of our community with a year after year commitment to Habitat for Humanity and the families we serve”.
About MI Windows and Doors
MI Windows and Doors, Inc., located in northern Dauphin county has been a leading manufacturer of home products for over 60 years providing quality, efficient products throughout the United States. MI has long contributed to Habitat for Humanity by donating windows and doors to many new construction and rehab projects. MIWD has raised nearly $1 million through sponsorships from their network of suppliers, customers and community friends for the Annual Habitat for Humanity Golf outing over the past thirteen years. For more information, visit www.miwd.com
About HomeRite Windows and Doors
HomeRite Windows and Doors is a leader in the retro-fit industry. HomeRite’s reputation is built on providing high quality, state-of-the-art products to their communities as well as a commitment to training and supporting their team members and installers. For more information, visit www.homeritewd.com
About Habitat for Humanity of the Greater Harrisburg Area
Habitat for Humanity is an ecumenical ministry that welcomes all people dedicated to the cause of eliminating poverty housing. Since its inception in 1986, the Harrisburg area affiliate has built 65 houses, built 87 homes internationally and completed over 185 Home Repairs by providing simple, decent and affordable shelter with families in need. For more information, visit www.harrisburghabitat.org
- MI Windows and Doors Launches New Window Series: The HomeMaker3
- MI Windows and Doors' Supplier ProPlastix Gets SHARP Certification
- MIWD Representative Supports Window Installation at UMC Parsonage
- MI Windows and Doors Awarded Crystal Achievement Award
- MI Windows and Doors Donates Windows to Homes for Our Troops
- MI Windows and Doors Thrives in Kansas City Market Through Partnership and Charity
- MI Windows and Doors Improves Team Member Communication With Electronic Bulletin Boards
- MI Windows and Doors EnergyCore Series Windows Installed in Tucson VISION House
- MI Windows and Doors Unveils New Logo that Embraces Mantra, "We Are MIWD"
- MI Windows and Doors in Carrollton, TX Holds Drive to Benefit OK Tornado Victims
- MI Windows and Doors Supplies Windows for Marine Corps Vietnam War Veteran