MI Windows and Doors Named Top Manufacturer of R-5 Windows for 2011
MI Windows and Doors, Inc., one of America’s leading window and door manufacturers, has been named the top manufacturer of R-5 Windows for 2011, according to the Department of Energy’s High Performance Windows Volume Purchase Program. MIWD offers two complete product lines that meet the required .22 U-Value program requirement. MI Windows and Doors takes pride in producing energy efficient windows and continues to invest in next generation products that surpass the R-5 program requirements.
The goal of the High Performance Windows Volume Purchase Program is to expand the market for highly insulating windows by reducing market barriers and offering window products at attractive prices, thus making highly insulated windows more affordable. Manufacturers that participate in the program are required to report total unit sales of R-5 Windows monthly, and after totaling the 2011 year, MI Windows and Doors sold the most units out of the 26 participating manufacturers.
Josh Williard, the R-5 Program Manager at MIWD, reiterated the advantages that the program offers consumers, "MI Windows and Doors has been on board with the High Performance Windows Volume Purchase Program since the beginning. We understand the value of highly energy efficient windows and continue to promote their benefits to our customers every day".
The Windows Volume Purchase Program team has also recently announced new changes to the participation requirements including the elimination of the 20-window minimum purchase requirement. Without a minimum purchase requirement, more homeowners can take advantage of attractive pricing and make their homes more energy efficient.
Click here for more information about the High Performance Windows Volume Purchase Program.
The Department of Energy's Windows Volume Purchase Program is a market transformation effort that allows potential buyers of highly insulating windows and storm windows to obtain bids from a consortium of qualified window vendors. The program brings together buyers and industry partners to overcome the price barrier of highly insulating windows (a U-factor of around 0.22) and low-E storm windows and to increase their widespread market commercialization for maximum energy savings. This program not only increases the availably of these products, but provides an explanation of benefits associated with these high performance products.
- MI Windows and Doors Volunteers with Local Food Pantry
- MI Windows and Doors Holds Employee Health Fair
- MI Windows and Doors Thrives in Kansas City Market Through Partnership and Charity
- MIWD Products Recognized Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR 2013
- MI EnergyCore Featured in BASF's BEYOND.High Performance Home
- MI Windows and Doors Management Leads Ownership Transition Plan
- MI Windows and Doors Announces Revisions to Glazing Package Offering
- Move to New Texas Manufacturing Facility
- Update: MI Windows and Doors' Class-Action Update
- Clay Color Offering
- Silver SuperCapSR™ Now Available on MI Windows and Doors HomeMaker3™ Vinyl Windows
- Bronze Exterior on 3500 Series Products