MI Windows and Doors Hegins Plant Receives SHARP Recertification
MI Windows and Doors, Inc., and its Hegins manufacturing facility received recertification of a Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) award from OSHA in recognition of its safety and health management systems. This is the second time that the facility has been awarded the certificate.
The SHARP award is presented to employers who operate an exemplary safety and health management system facility. Acceptance into SHARP by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) qualifies MI Windows and Doors as a model amongst its peers for work site safety and health. Out of 7 million US work sites, less than 2,000 have earned OSHA SHARP Certification.
Some of the safety improvements that the team at Hegins made to quality for SHARP included:
1. Improvements to machine guarding to prevent all types of injuries.
2. Designing processes and jobs to be ergonomically friendly.
3. Cross training and job rotation.
4. Creation of safety teams for more awareness and team support.
5. Train and instruct new and existing employees of all types of hazards.
One additional objective was to keep the team aware of their surroundings and continually improve all aspects of the program for the best environment for the team.
Doug Reed, the General Manager, of the Hegins manufacturing facility, reflected on the award, "I am proud of the strides that all of our team members have made to receive this honor. The bottom line is that our team members are going home to their families as safe and sound as possible."
Founded in 1947, MI Windows and Doors manufactures energy efficient windows and patio doors and serves the new construction and replacement window industry. MI’s focus on safety, quality and accuracy is enhanced by the principles of lean manufacturing, a practice which is embedded within the MI culture.
- MI Windows and Doors Launches New Window Series: The HomeMaker3
- MI Windows and Doors' Supplier ProPlastix Gets SHARP Certification
- MIWD Representative Supports Window Installation at UMC Parsonage
- MI Windows and Doors Awarded Crystal Achievement Award
- Habitat for Humanity Receives MIWD Casement Windows
- MI Windows and Doors Donates Windows to Homes for Our Troops
- MI Windows and Doors Supplies Windows for Vietnam War Veteran
- Yuma Man Receives MIWD Windows for New Home After Devastating Fire
- MI Windows and Doors at Vision House Tucson Groundbreaking
- MIWD Products Recognized Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR 2013
- Mike Ohlin has been promoted to Director of Operations
- Eric Rothermel Promoted to Vice President of Human Resources