MI Windows and Doors Gratz Plant Receives SHARP Award
Gratz, PA – MI Windows and Doors, Inc., and its Gratz manufacturing facility received a Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) award from OSHA in
recognition of its safety and health management systems. This is now the second manufacturing facility that has received this award. The Hegins, PA facility recently received a recertification of their SHARP award.
The SHARP award is presented to employers who operate an exemplary safety and health management system facility. Acceptance into SHARP by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) qualifies MI Windows and Doors as a model amongst its peers for work site safety and health. Out of 7 million US work sites, less than 2,000 have earned OSHA SHARP Certification.
To qualify for SHARP, companies must undergo a comprehensive audit, correct all identified hazards, demonstrate that effective safety and health programs are in place, and maintain injury rates below the national average for the last three years. The MIWD Gratz manufacturing facility’s final day of full inspection occurred on February 1, 2012.
Some of the safety improvements that the team at Gratz made to quality for SHARP included: improvements to machine guarding to prevent all types of injuries, designing processes and jobs to be ergonomically friendly, cross training and job rotation, creation of safety teams for more awareness and team support, and training new and existing employees of all types of hazards.
One additional objective was to keep the team aware of their surroundings and continually improve all aspects of the program for the best environment for the team.
Founded in 1947, MI Windows and Doors manufactures energy efficient windows and patio doors and serves the new construction and replacement window industry. MIWD’s focus on safety, quality and accuracy is enhanced by the principles of lean manufacturing, a practice MIWD has been using for a number of years.
- MI Windows and Doors Thrives in Kansas City Market Through Partnership and Charity
- MI Windows and Doors at Green Builder Media Vision House Tucson Groundbreaking
- MIWD Products Recognized Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR 2013
- MI EnergyCore Featured in BASF's BEYOND.High Performance Home
- MI Windows and Doors Management Leads Ownership Transition Plan
- MI Windows and Doors Launches New Window Series: The HomeMaker3
- MI Windows and Doors Volunteers with Local Food Pantry
- MI Windows and Doors Holds Employee Health Fair
- MIWD Gratz Facility Receives PA Governor’s Award for Safety Excellence
- MI Windows and Doors Employees Honored at MAEA Luncheon
- MI Windows and Doors of Carrollton TX Holds Employee Fundraiser for Christian Community Action
- MI Windows and Doors EnergyCore Windows Featured in Vision House Tucson Grand Opening