MI Windows and Doors Hegins Plant Receives SHARP Award
Hegins, PA – (Schuylkill County) PA/OSHA Consultation Program of Indiana University of Pennsylvania today presented MI Windows and Doors, Inc., (MI) Hegins manufacturing facilities with a Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) award. MI Windows and Doors is one of only 43 businesses in Pennsylvania to receive this esteemed award.
SHARP is one of the highest honors OSHA awards to businesses. The award is granted following the successful completion of a comprehensive and rigorous consultation and assessment process, resulting in worksite safety and health programs that produce tangible safety improvements and maintain low team member injury and illness rates.
Stan Sullivan, President, MI Windows and Doors addressed the team stating that, “this award adds value and dedication to a team that already works hard to build a safe environment and quality products. It is so important that at the end of the day, we all go home to our families and loved ones in the same condition as we came in to work.”
The awards ceremony was attended by Champ Holman, aide to state Sen. David Argall (R-29); Meghan Jones, District Director for PA State Representative Tobash (R-125); Scott Weiant, Chief, Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry; and Thomas DeLong, CIH, PA/OSHA Consultation Program of Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
Hegins manufacturing facilities produce nearly 1300 units per day and are built in many styles, colors and sizes and follow a rigorous quality check. Founded in 1947, MI Windows and Doors manufactures windows and patio doors serving the replacement window industry. MI’s focus on safety, quality and accuracy is enhanced by the principles of lean manufacturing, a practice MI has been using for a number of years.
- MI Windows and Doors Thrives in Kansas City Market Through Partnership and Charity
- MI Windows and Doors at Green Builder Media Vision House Tucson Groundbreaking
- MIWD Products Recognized Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR 2013
- MI EnergyCore Featured in BASF's BEYOND.High Performance Home
- MI Windows and Doors Management Leads Ownership Transition Plan
- MI Windows and Doors Launches New Window Series: The HomeMaker3
- MI Windows and Doors Announces Revisions to Glazing Package Offering
- Move to New Texas Manufacturing Facility
- Update: MI Windows and Doors' Class-Action Update
- Clay Color Offering
- Silver SuperCapSR™ Now Available on MI Windows and Doors HomeMaker3™ Vinyl Windows
- Bronze Exterior on 3500 Series Products