MI Windows and Doors Plants Nationwide Improve Performance
MI Windows and Doors, one of America’s leading window and door manufacturers, released its Shipped On Time and Complete Performance metrics for its manufacturing plants. The average for all plants in 2011 improved to 99.5% compared to 98.6% in 2010. Shipped On Time and Complete Performance is a measure of the number of orders that were shipped with all of the windows and doors that were purchased on one order.
"Our customers have told us that when they place an order for a window and door package, one of their highest expectations is that the order will ship with all of the products in that order," stated Jeff Paradise, Senior Vice President Operations, for MI Windows and Doors. "And so we've been measuring our plants on this metric to gauge how we are meeting this expectation. We are proud of the job our teams have been doing as it relates to Shipped Complete goal at all of our plants. It’s just like flying; you have to know where you are to know where you want to go!"
In order to increase the performance year over year, teams were asked to come up with ideas that would help eliminate issues that prevented the ongoing 100% goal from being attained. One of the ideas that surfaced by a team at the Gratz plant was to refine the process of fabricating the custom glass and grids creating additional time to respond to customer requests. This was a small change but one that made a difference.
"MI Windows and Doors takes great pride in delivering some of the most energy efficient windows on the market quickly and completely. Our achievement of Shipped On Time and Complete for 2011 is something that we are proud of," said Lynn Harner, the Gratz Plant Manager.
MI Windows and Doors has embraced the principle of continuous improvement across the whole organization. Plant leadership promotes an atmosphere of continuous learning and fosters an environment that not only accepts, but embraces change. Team members are engaged through active participation to improve all aspects of the production process.
- MI Windows and Doors Launches New Window Series: The HomeMaker3
- MI Windows and Doors' Supplier ProPlastix Gets SHARP Certification
- MIWD Representative Supports Window Installation at UMC Parsonage
- MI Windows and Doors Awarded Crystal Achievement Award
- Habitat for Humanity Receives MIWD Casement Windows
- MI Windows and Doors Donates Windows to Homes for Our Troops
- MI Windows and Doors of Carrollton TX Holds Employee Fundraiser for Christian Community Action
- MI Windows and Doors EnergyCore Windows Featured in Vision House Tucson Grand Opening
- MI Windows and Doors Receives Recognition from the City of Carrollton
- MI Windows and Doors Thrives in Kansas City Market Through Partnership and Charity
- MI Windows and Doors Improves Team Member Communication With Electronic Bulletin Boards
- MI Windows and Doors EnergyCore Series Windows Installed in Tucson VISION House