Habitat for Humanity Receives MI EnergyCore Energy Efficient Windows
On January 16th, 2012, MI Windows and Doors (MIWD), one of America’s leading window and door manufacturers, donated and installed a complete window package of new MI EnergyCore windows into a Prescott Area Habitat for Humanity (PAHH) home being built in Chino Valley, Arizona. The Slider and Single Hung styles that were installed are the latest offering of the MI EnergyCore Window System and were released in October of 2011.
The MI EnergyCore Window System is designed for optimal energy efficiency and high performance without compromising style and functionality. The system’s high performance is derived from a combination of patented AirCell PVC frame technology, TMAX Insulating Glass, and a design that incorporates numerous physical barriers against air and water infiltration.
The frame is manufactured with a patented AirCell PVC material that is co-extruded and thermally bonded. This creates a fully insulated, corner welded frame that results in superior energy efficiency and strength. The frame is designed to support triple pane insulating glass to maximum residential sizes in any style. Additional strength is achieved thru internal aluminum reinforcements at the lock rails for maximum security.
What this means for the new deserving Habitat for Humanity homeowners is that they will have lower energy bills and will have stronger, more secure, and quieter windows.
Jim Laipple, the Product Manager for the new MI EnergyCore product line, assisted with the installation. "It was satisfying knowing that these MI EnergyCore windows are going to such a good cause. They installed easily and I was proud of the job that our team did to produce such a quality product. These windows will provide the homeowner with many years of energy savings."
The MI EnergyCore Window System has been recognized as one of the energy efficient windows available on the market today and was recently awarded the 2011 Product of the Year Award for energy efficiency by Builder News Magazine. See http://www.bnmag.com/ for the complete list of winners.
The Prescott Area Habitat for Humanity was established to help families living in unsafe or inadequate housing to become homeowners by providing zero-interest mortgages with no cash down. Building of the home becomes a team effort between Habitat for Humanity and the new homeowners as the families must also assist in the construction of their homes. The overall experience is unforgettable for the volunteers as they work with the new homeowners and for the new homeowners from the pride they have when they receive the keys to their new home.
Over the last 10 years, MI Windows and Doors has donated over $1.2M in products and services to Habitat for Humanity.
About Habitat for Humanity International
Habitat for Humanity International is an ecumenical Christian ministry that welcomes to its work all people dedicated to the cause of eliminating poverty housing. Since its founding in 1976, Habitat has built, rehabilitated, repaired or improved more than 400,000 houses worldwide, providing simple, decent and affordable shelter for more than two million people. Habitat for Humanity International is ranked as the sixth largest homebuilder in the United States with 6,032 closings in 2010, according to Builder magazine’s annual survey. For more information, or to donate or volunteer, visit prescotthabitat.org or call Prescott Area Habitat for Humanity at (928) 445-8003.
- MI Windows and Doors Launches New Window Series: The HomeMaker3
- MI Windows and Doors' Supplier ProPlastix Gets SHARP Certification
- MIWD Representative Supports Window Installation at UMC Parsonage
- MI Windows and Doors Awarded Crystal Achievement Award
- Habitat for Humanity Receives MIWD Casement Windows
- MI Windows and Doors Donates Windows to Homes for Our Troops
- MI Windows and Doors of Carrollton TX Holds Employee Fundraiser for Christian Community Action
- MI Windows and Doors EnergyCore Windows Featured in Vision House Tucson Grand Opening
- MI Windows and Doors Receives Recognition from the City of Carrollton
- MI Windows and Doors Thrives in Kansas City Market Through Partnership and Charity
- MI Windows and Doors Improves Team Member Communication With Electronic Bulletin Boards
- MI Windows and Doors EnergyCore Series Windows Installed in Tucson VISION House