iPads and Custom Application Deployed to MIWD Sales Force
Prescott Valley, AZ - MI Windows and Doors announced that it has deployed Apple iPad 2.0 tablets equipped with a customized iPad application to its sales force. The tablets, along with the application, will allow the team to access sales tools such as videos, brochures, technical specifications, and sell sheets that will help them more effectively sell the new MI EnergyCore energy efficient window system.
The iPad application has the content embedded in it so no access to the internet is needed, allowing the team to access the tools even when a Wi-Fi connection is not available. Having the data local on the iPad also allows content rich media like video to load more quickly and run at a higher resolution that if it relied on a connection. When a Wi-Fi connection is available, the application senses it and allows quick access to additional content available on Facebook, Twitter, and the company's YouTube Channel.
Patrick Schutte, Business Development Consultant for MIWD designed the applicaton and then partnered with Webvanta Inc., a Sebastapol CA based technology company, to build it. Said Schutte, "Webvanta is known for its hosted database-driven CMS website solutions, and we selected them to build our new MI EnergyCore web site, which will launch very soon. The content of the iPad application will be synced from the content on our web site, and Webvanta offered a unique solution to enbable us to do that. Since the iPad application has the same look and feel of the website, it will allow for quicker adoption without any training."
The iPad application is just one component of MIWD's multi-pronged information access strategy that includes mobile and social media tools in addition to traditonal tools like a robust website. As part of it's social media campaign, it has already launched a Facebook page, http://facebook.com/mienergycore, a Twitter feed, http://twitter.com/mienergycore, and a YouTube Channel, http://YouTube.com/mienergycore.
"We're going to the next level with this new MI EnergyCore product line," says Mike DeSoto, President of MI's Western Division. "We believe this is a unique, premium product in the West that gives us and our dealers a competitive advantage. The new MI iPad app give dealers the tools they need to educate window buyers about the unique product line and demonstrate its superior performance."
Dealers attending MI EnergyCore launch event on July 21st, 2011, will be equipped with an iPad already loaded with the application. The application will also be available to dealers who sign up to sell the new product line via direct download from the dealer portal on the new website.
- MI Windows and Doors Launches New Window Series: The HomeMaker3
- MI Windows and Doors' Supplier ProPlastix Gets SHARP Certification
- MIWD Representative Supports Window Installation at UMC Parsonage
- MI Windows and Doors Awarded Crystal Achievement Award
- Habitat for Humanity Receives MIWD Casement Windows
- MI Windows and Doors Donates Windows to Homes for Our Troops
- MI Windows and Doors Releases State-of-the-Art Multi-Slide Door
- MI Windows and Doors Volunteers with Local Food Pantry
- MI Windows and Doors Holds Employee Health Fair
- MIWD Gratz Facility Receives PA Governor’s Award for Safety Excellence
- MI Windows and Doors Employees Honored at MAEA Luncheon
- MI Windows and Doors of Carrollton TX Holds Employee Fundraiser for Christian Community Action