MI Windows and Doors Launches New Window Series: The HomeMaker3
MI Windows and Doors announces the launch of a new energy efficient window line, the HomeMaker3 Series.
Available in the Western Region, HomeMaker3 windows are designed to meet the new stringent energy requirements for the proposed ENERGY STAR Version 6 and are manufactured in a state-of-the-art production facility in Prescott Valley, AZ.
The HomeMaker3 Series is a complete line of traditionally styled windows designed for optimal energy efficiency and high performance. HomeMaker3 Series windows come standard with ¾” dual pane Low-E glass, dual weather stripping, and a certified forced entry resistant locking system.
HomeMaker3 Series windows are custom built and available in a wide range of sizes and options. There are 6 basic styles; horizontal slider, single hung, casement, awning, fixed, and architectural shapes. Each of these styles is available in continuous frame combinations to minimize the need for mulling. Windows are available in 1/8” increments of width and height and five frame options to achieve the optimum fit for new construction or replacement window projects.
All styles are available in four color combinations, numerous grid options, and multiple glass options including laminated glass. Laminated glass meets the ASTM safety glass requirements plus improves the sound transmission coefficient (STC) up to 50% and blocks 99% of the UV light which causes fading.
All styles of the HomeMaker3 Series window can be upgraded with TMAX insulating glass. TMAX glass is 3.1 mm Double Strength glass with dual seal SuperSpacer. SuperSpacer is a 100% foam, non-metallic, structural spacer, optimized for energy efficiency and improved sound absorption. TMAX HE (High Efficiency) includes a neutral colored Low-E and Argon gas. TMAX HE is ideal for northern climate zones with increased heating requirements. TMAX SC (Solar Control) is a high performance Low-E glass designed to reduce the solar heat gain of the glass by an additional 10-20% vs. a neutral color Low-E. TMAX SC is optimal southern climates with significant cooling and glare-reduction requirements.
"The line provides our dealers with a complete, feature rich and cost-effective family of products to meet the next phase of ENERGY STAR requirements," states Mike DeSoto, President of MI's Western division.
There are two solid vinyl color options available for the windows - white and adobe - which are made from an AAMA certified PVC blend that is engineered for and field-tested in extreme environments. In addition to the vinyl colors, an optional pre-finished SuperCapSR bronze exterior color is available on both the adobe and white frames. For maximum durability, the SuperCapSR color technology is co-extruded with a thermally fused acrylic to create a molecularly-fused color layer that becomes an integral part of the profile. Unlike painted vinyl, the tough acrylic color layer is highly scratch, chip, and chalk-resistant. SuperCapSR’s highly reflective properties prevents damaging heat build-up on the PVC frame.
MI Windows and Doors offers the HM-390 vinyl patio door and the EC-190 French Rail patio door as ENERGY STAR Version 6 doors which compliment the HomeMaker3 windows.
For more information about the HomeMaker3 Window Series or to find a HomeMaker3 dealer, see http://miwd.com.
- Yuma Man Receives MIWD Energy Efficient Windows for New Home After Devastating Fire
- MI Windows and Doors at Green Builder Media Vision House Tucson Groundbreaking
- MIWD Products Recognized Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR 2013
- MI Windows and Doors' Supplier ProPlastix Gets SHARP Certification
- MI Windows and Doors Added to PPL E-Power Energy-Smart Honor Roll
- MI Windows and Doors of Carrollton TX Holds Employee Fundraiser for Christian Community Action
- MI Windows and Doors EnergyCore Windows Featured in Vision House Tucson Grand Opening
- MI Windows and Doors Receives Recognition from the City of Carrollton
- MI Windows and Doors Thrives in Kansas City Market Through Partnership and Charity
- MI Windows and Doors Improves Team Member Communication With Electronic Bulletin Boards
- MI Windows and Doors EnergyCore Series Windows Installed in Tucson VISION House