MI Windows and Doors' Supplier ProPlastix Gets SHARP Certification
MI Windows and Doors supplier, ProPlastix and its Millersburg and Elizabethville manufacturing facilities, received Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) awards from OSHA in recognition of its safety and health management systems.
The SHARP award is presented to employers who operate an exemplary safety and health management system facility. Acceptance into SHARP by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) qualifies ProPlastix as a model amongst its peers for work site safety and health. Out of 7 million US work sites, less than 2,000 have earned OSHA SHARP Certification.
Some of the safety improvements that the team at ProPlastix made to qualify for SHARP included:
1. Hazard anticipation and detection.
2. Hazard Prevention.
3. Assuring OSHA mandated programs are in place.
4. Maintained injury rates below national average for past three years.
5. Creation of trained safety teams for awareness and support.
One additional objective was to keep the team aware of their surroundings and continually improve all aspects of the program for the best environment for the team.
Jeff Paradise, VP of manufacturing reflected on the award, "“The SHARP certification is one award that all team members should be proud of. It not only involves assuring that all assessments associated with the program are met but more importantly assures that we are all committed to Safety First!"
Founded in 1984, Proplastix International Inc. is in the business of providing extruded and injection molded parts. Located in Millersburg and Elizabethville, Pa. the facilities have invested in equipment, tooling and technological upgrades since its inception. The facilities at Proplastix International Inc. manufactures products such as fencing, vinyl profiles, flexible, extrusion dies, foam fill and laminate.
- MI Windows and Doors Volunteers with Local Food Pantry
- MI Windows and Doors Holds Employee Health Fair
- MI Windows and Doors Thrives in Kansas City Market Through Partnership and Charity
- MIWD Products Recognized Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR 2013
- MI EnergyCore Featured in BASF's BEYOND.High Performance Home
- MI Windows and Doors Management Leads Ownership Transition Plan
- MI Windows and Doors Announces Revisions to Glazing Package Offering
- Move to New Texas Manufacturing Facility
- Update: MI Windows and Doors' Class-Action Update
- Clay Color Offering
- Silver SuperCapSR™ Now Available on MI Windows and Doors HomeMaker3™ Vinyl Windows
- Bronze Exterior on 3500 Series Products