OPERATIONS AND MANUFACTURING
Through lean manufacturing processes, team members play an integral role in manufacturing our products in the safest, most efficient methods possible, while meeting world class quality standards for our customers. We take pride in our ability to meet individual customer needs and still maintain a rapid delivery schedule. We have added facilities and processes since our founding, but still maintain that entrepreneurial spirit that is the foundation of our success.
- Production Supervisors & Managers – Key role provides short & long term planning for the operation to meet customer needs. Focus on safety and quality are critical to our success while analyzing daily production and developing our production team members
- Supply Chain Management – Our supply chain team members require strong understanding of inventory controls, negotiating and organizational skills. They share a commitment to ensure efficient management of inventory materials to meet customer needs.
- Manufacturing Engineering – Our manufacturing process undergoes continuous improvement in all areas and changing demands as our products change. Manufacturing engineers work closely with our Engineering, Sales & Operations teams to streamline our production needs.
SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
Our Sales & Customer Service teams have a national footprint, with access to key markets and builders. Team members establish and maintain strong business relationships with our all of our customers, whether large or small. Working closely with all departments in the Company, our sales team develops practices to make the buying process as smooth as possible. A handshake is still as good as our word.
Typical responsibilities will provide the team member with the ability for total accountant management by taking ownership for a particular territory and/or key accounts. You develop the contacts, market and take control of your sales potential, while being supported on all levels by team members throughout our organization.
- Inside Sales – Build key relationships working out of our division offices to ensure that customers’ orders and questions are processed in an accurate and timely manner. Responsibilities include recommending product options, clarifying delivery schedules and fostering a positive atmosphere to provide prompt service to our customers.
- Retail Sales – work closely with Sales Representatives to manage specific customers within a territory with a key market segment of our business;
- Sales Representatives – typically assigned a particular territory with the ability to travel and identify new business opportunities. Develop new business opportunities and build on existing relationships to continue to grow our market share;
- Customer Care – work closely with home-owners to identify any product needs and/or services and schedule appropriate follow up with our customer care field representatives. Responsibilities include recommending product options, clarifying service schedules and fostering a positive atmosphere to provide prompt service to our customers.
Our Marketing team is an integral part of our Company business strategy by working closely with our Sales & Engineering teams to analyze regional and national market trends, identify potential future needs for our customers and to promote our products and services. Product Management, Marketing Communications, Public Relations, and Graphic Design are all key areas of focus as we market our products, company, and brand within the marketplace.
The IT department plays a leadership role in executing our business strategy through the planning, design and project management of the execution of application changes and hardware deployment and maintenance. Programmers, Hardware Technicians, Configuration Specialists and Microsoft Systems Engineers are all part of the team that keeps our Company running efficiently behind the scenes.
FINANCE & HUMAN RESOURCES
The Finance & Human Resources departments both have an integral role in executing our business strategy.
- Finance - Cost accounting, accounts receivables and payables are critical to a smooth operation and analyzing our opportunities for continuous improvement in our operations.
- Human Resources – Training and development, compensation administration including payroll and benefits, talent acquisition, maintaining positive employee relations and safety; are just some of the business areas our HR team members focus on every day. Our Company strives to be an employer of choice and maintain an atmosphere that values the contributions of every team member.
MI Transportation is a separate division that works closely with MIWD to meet, and or exceed, our customers’ needs. Our team is well known for the expertise and assistance they provide customers on the job sites every day. Delivering products safely, and on time, is the key to their success. Opportunities include: drivers, shipping/receiving and administrative team members.
Internship opportunities are available on a semester long, or summer long basis in many of the areas included here. Our interns are treated exactly like our other team members - you will be provided with the opportunity to perform important, relevant work in an environment that allows you to learn more about the function and our business. You will be encouraged to participate and find innovative ways to achieve our business goals. You will also have access to team members throughout the organization to ask questions, develop business relationships and have some fun!
MANAGEMENT TRAINING PROGRAM
OPPORTUNITY. That one word says it all. Our approach to developing individuals who are looking for a great career is to provide them with the opportunity to build on their educational knowledge and develop a strong foundation for career growth. We start with this basis for everything we do – getting to know our customers and their needs. From there, you will build knowledge of our product lines, quality processes and manufacturing operations. Throughout the process we incorporate opportunities for building your financial, supervisory and presentation skills, just to name a few of the areas of formal development. On an informal basis, we have an open culture with access to top leaders throughout all divisions and disciplines to provide answers and support along the way. Team members will support you in your new role and assist in providing answers and challenges for you on a daily basis.
Some key areas of the programs you will be involved in:
- Learning product specifications in a ‘hands-on’ environment
- Providing product information directly to customers
- Managing & maintaining the flow of information to & from our plants & customers
- Understanding & maintaining inventory processes
- Leading other team members in a particular functional area
- Traveling with service & sales team members to meet with customers
- Attending industry events to further develop knowledge of our business
As you complete each segment of the program, we will provide you with feedback and additional development opportunities to take your next step in your career path. You may find you have an interest in finance, sales, marketing, operations, or other areas. Whatever your interest, you will have the ability to explore in depth what it takes to be successful in a particular role. Along the way you will have the opportunity to develop strong working relationships and have fun with our current family of team members, many of whom have had similar career opportunities.
JOIN US TODAY AND MAKE THE MOST OF THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHAPE YOUR FUTURE!
Apply now by sending your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MI Windows and Doors, Inc. is an EEO employer, and all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.